Sunday, February 20, 2011

From the Journal of François Serrurier

7th of April 1922 half-past eight P.M.

I am very happy that I ended up with this group of quite varied backgrounds. Even on the days where we seem to accomplish nothing I do something I haven’t done before. The best thing yet was just the other day. Shivanshu and I went into Briggs old house, to wait see if he would return there to make the next papyrus. We went in through the back door and once again I broke my record for an 1879 pin tumbler, this time I got it down to 1 minute and 9 seconds! Anyways once we were in we looked around. The place didn’t look like it had been lived in for a while; there was nothing much in the pantry and there were other similar clues. Then we went upstairs and I took a spot by a window that had a view of anyone coming up to the front door, Shivanshu did the same except he was watching the back. The night was uneventful so I spent my time disassembling and studying locks made by the new Master Lock Company, I didn’t learn much.

In the morning, around ten, someone showed up. I recognized Inspector Carlton and Constable O’Malley, the two officers looking into the murders in and around London. There was a third man which I learned later was the owner and landlord of the estate. I didn’t know this at the time and it isn’t usually a good thing to be found uninvited in a suspected murderers house. So Shivanshu and I left through the back window, sealed with just a simple latch, and then we scarpered.

It seems that we are getting closer and closer to finding Briggs, and I most certainly hope we do. He has already succeeded in killing two of his targets with the papyrus’ and twice as well the papyrus has been passed on to an innocent, who in turn died. It is said that all things come in threes and for the sake of the possible victims I hope that that is just a saying.

Francois Serrurier

No comments: